Sumo Logic to Host The Modern SOC Summit, Empowering SecOps Teams to Rethink Security for Digital Transformation Success
Registration Now Open for Virtual Event with Expert-led Sessions, Hands-On Training and Security Certifications to Maximize Investment in Sumo Logic’s Security Intelligence Solutions
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., April 26, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sumo Logic (Nasdaq: SUMO), the pioneer in continuous intelligence, today announced it will host The Modern SOC Summit, a free education event for security and IT professionals looking to understand how to modernize their security operations and the latest in cloud-native security. Attendees will receive hands-on training with cloud-native security, learn best practices, hear from cyber security experts, and more. The virtual event will take place June 8-9, 2021 and registration is open now.
Security operation center (SOC) analysts and security teams need to rethink their security strategies to modernize and automate their SOC activities while ensuring regulatory compliance. During this two-day event, attendees will immerse themselves in the basics of cloud security, and learn advanced techniques on how to address current and modern threats. The event will feature speakers such as Pete Tseronis, the U.S. Department of Energy's first-ever appointed CTO, as well as Sumo Logic’s CSO George Gerchow, and VP and General Manager of the Security Business Unit, Greg Martin. Additional speakers include experts from organizations on the leading-edge of security operations, including Accolade and Catena Media. The keynote speaker lineup, full agenda, and program will be unveiled in the coming weeks.
“The requirements for the SOC are rapidly evolving as attack volumes surge and threats grow more sophisticated. New risks from cloud adoption and the acceleration of digital transformation are challenging security teams to take new approaches to their strategy,” said Greg Martin. “We’re excited to bring together security leaders and practitioners in a forum to discuss the future state of security, and exchange practical knowledge to successfully leverage cloud security solutions at scale. Whether you’re just getting started or want a technical deep dive, The Modern SOC Summit has something for every attendee working to address modern security challenges.”
Tuesday, June 8: Earn a Sumo Logic certification
Grow an in-depth understanding of Sumo Logic’s security analytics and Cloud SIEM solutions through interactive, instructor-led workshops and a variety of certifications. SecOps teams can bolster their skills and maximize their investment in the Sumo Logic platform, walking away empowered by a single platform for security and compliance. Workshops will be held around Security Analytics, Cloud SIEM Insights and Cloud SIEM Custom Rules as well as the following workshops and certifications:
- Fundamentals Certification: Gain broad knowledge analyzing logs and metrics, and get Sumo Logic up-and-running while learning to do simple filtering, data parsing, and analysis.
- Security & Compliance Certification: Learn how Sumo Logic Threat Intelligence can help users stay on top of their environment by matching IOCs like IP address, domain names, email addresses, and MD5 hashes. Also learn how to analyze AWS data to monitor account usage and monitor security groups to meet compliance requirements.
Wednesday, June 9: Learn from leading security experts and thought leaders
Sessions are designed to help attendees explore, learn, and think about the future of their organization’s security strategy and direction. Attendees can explore three tracks:
- Future of Security: Hear from leading experts — CISOs, business leaders, and security practitioners — on the evolving state of security, SOC, and future state. Industry experts will debate, and share their views on a range of topics, such as “Building a Cloud Native SOC: Fantasy or Reality?” and “Securing the Critical Infrastructure.”
- Get Started with Sumo Logic: Dive into Sumo Logic’s Security Intelligence portfolio, and learn how to use the platform for compliance, security monitoring, Security Analytics, SIEM, and SOAR use cases.
- Do More with Sumo Logic: Learn from security practitioners on best practices and advanced techniques to better use Sumo Logic security solutions, and solve complex security use cases. Subject matter experts will discuss topics including “Accelerate Threat Detection Using MITRE ATT&CK” and “Hunting for Threats in Multi-Cloud and Hybrid Cloud Environments.”
The Modern SOC Summit Details-at-a-Glance
- When: June 8-9, 2021
- Where: Virtually
- Registration: Open now
- Follow The Modern SOC Summit on social media using hashtag #ModSOCSummit
About Sumo Logic
Sumo Logic Inc. (Nasdaq: SUMO) is the pioneer in continuous intelligence, a new category of software, which enables organizations of all sizes to address the data challenges and opportunities presented by digital transformation, modern applications, and cloud computing. The Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform™ automates the collection, ingestion, and analysis of application, infrastructure, security, and IoT data to derive actionable insights within seconds. More than 2,100 customers around the world rely on Sumo Logic to build, run, and secure their modern applications and cloud infrastructures. Only Sumo Logic delivers its platform as a true, multi-tenant SaaS architecture, across multiple use-cases, enabling businesses to thrive in the Intelligence Economy. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com.
Sumo Logic is a trademark or registered trademark of Sumo Logic in the United States and in foreign countries. All other company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Any information regarding offerings, updates, functionality, or other modifications, including release dates, is subject to change without notice. The development, release, and timing of any offering, update, functionality, or modification described herein remains at the sole discretion of Sumo Logic, and should not be relied upon in making a purchase decision, nor as a representation, warranty, or commitment to deliver specific offerings, updates, functionalities, or modifications in the future.